“Peace” is the cry of every nation, every home and every heart. Do you have peace in your home?
You cannot have peace in you home until you have peace in your heart. And you can only know true peace, when you make your peace with God' through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, whom He sent. “To give light to them that sit in darkness and to guide our feet into the way of peace.” (Luke 1:78,79).
How can you make your personal peace with God?
1. ACKNOWLEDGE that you are a sinner. It is your sin that puts the gap between you and God. (Luke 18:13; Romans 3:23)
2. REPENT of your sin. (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38,39; 3:19)
3. CONFESS your sin to God and He will cleanse you and forgive you. His forgiveness is complete. When He forgives, He forgets! “What happiness for those whose guilt has been forgiven! What joys when sins are covered over! What relief for those who have confessed their sins and God has cleared their record.” (Psalm 32:1,2; 1 John 1:7,9; Romans 10:9,10)
4. FORSAKE your own way and determine to follow God's ways. “O that you had hearkened to My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river.” (Isaiah 48:18;Isaiah 55:7; Mark 8:34-38)
5. BELIEVE that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, is the Son of God. He is the one who has borne the punishment of your sin. “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16;Mark 15:16)
6. RECEIVE His great salvation that He has purchased on your behalf. “As many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.” (John 1:12)
7. THANK Him for His great salvation and His blood that was shed for you. Receive it gladly and ask Him to take over your life from this day forward.